“There are times when you need to reposition conflict in a way that may not feel as comfortable in your business relationship but the outcome at the end of the day is going to be stronger.” – Julie Smith, President, Homewatch CareGivers
In this episode of The Pivotal Leader, Gina Trimarco interviewed Leann Reynolds, CEO, and Julie Smith, President and COO, of The Homewatch CareGivers franchise network, the premier provider of home care worldwide. Together, Leann and Julie share their story about how a family business, turned franchise, has grown to the next level by bringing in a new leader (Julie) from the “outside”. Listen in to learn ….
Podcast Topics Include:
- Mistakes made and successes achieved in business growth
- Scaling a franchise model that started as a family business
- Passing the power from a family owner to a non-family member
- The importance of company mission to attract talent
- Best practices for leadership transition plans
- Being mindful and purposeful in making decisions for what employees and franchisees need and want
- Balancing opportunities while not making sudden changes
- The need to ask every employee and franchisee “What have we done well and not so well?”
- The difference between being a “support” versus “growth” partner as a franchisor
- “Who” is in your database when it’s time to grow and hire?
- Involving everyone in your organization in the hiring process
- The importance of bringing on people who have been where you want to go, not where you have been
Full Show Notes:http://pivot10results.com/episode-23-pivotal-leader-homewatch-caregivers-franchise-network/